Approval for new accounts
Applications for new accounts must be approved by our Membership Committee. Your application is taken by one of our staff and the application is then forwarded to the Membership Committee for consideration. The committee meets once a week to approve new applications.
Three forms of identification are needed to open a new account, in the form of photo ID, proof of address and proof of PPS Number.
Proof of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo) may be any one of the following:
- Current Valid Passport
- Current Valid Driving Licence
- National Identity Card
- Download Form ML10, also available from our office (this must be signed by a Garda accompanied by a Passport Photo signed on back by the Garda). [You can print one off from this link.]
Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live and be dated within the last 3 mths) may be any one of the following:
- Official documentation issued by the Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection
- Local authority document, e.g. refuse collection bill, water charge bill
- Account statement, e.g. bank, credit union, building society, credit card company
- Utility bill, e.g. telephone (including mobile), Electric, Gas, Cable
- Household or motor insurance certificate
- Any of the standard ID documents from list 1 above, i.e. drivers licence
(which contains a current address and is not already being used to verify name)
Official proof of PPS Number – Payslip, Social Services Card, Medical Card, Revenue letter.
If you are under 16 years of age
To open an account for children under 16 years we require the following:
- Child’s Passport or Birth Certificate
- Proof of name & address dated within the last 3 months as listed above.
Opening a Joint Account
To open a joint account both parties must attend the office and bring in the following items:
- PHOTO ID– for each person, i.e. passport, driver’s licence (in date)
- PROOF OF ADDRESS– dated within the last 3 months as listed above
- PROOF OF PPS No.– Medical Card, Medicines Card, Payslip, Tax Letter etc.
Only one joint account per person is allowed.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR DOCUMENTATION, PHONE OUR OFFICE ON 057 8623336